Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Oops! Mistake in our last position Report :)

Position Outside Carmel CA. 36 29.501N,122 00.184w

Oops! Sorry guys it looks like my typing skills are still somewhat limited. It has been brought to my attention that my coordinates put us somewhere near the Straits of Gibraltar or somewhere near Fresno....Holy bad navigating batman!!! I think we made a wrong turn somewhere. Anyhow the above coordinates should now work although I have not been able to check my work since we have no internet access at this time. Thanks Brady for bringing this to my attention :) Although I'd like to say it was late last night and we were rocking and rolling out on the Pacific and that was the reason for my ineptness, it simply isn't the case. All of that is true except for the rocking and rolling part. We are currently in.....hmmmm put this in and find out 35 22.043N,120 51.495W Oh by the way TIM I spent all day surfing a wonderful left at 35 22.404N,120 51.94W We should be here next to Rock Rock (not a typo) for a couple more days and then off to So Cal....

Talk to you soon.

Bruce

Thanks Again Brady!!

2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Google shows that 35 22.404 n, 120 51.94 is in a fog bank. Hope your radar is working. I wonder how long that fog has been there?

Had an interesting problem with an older version of Google Earth I had. Put in your L/L and it put you in China. As a test I put in 34 n, 120 W, and it also went to China. Put in 34 n, 120 E, and it went to the same place. East is East, West is West ... etc.

Went to Google and found a new version of Earth, downloaded it and found the fog bank.

Hope all is well.

Chuck
37 17 07.45 N, 122 00 04.68 W

 

Post a Comment

<< Home