Sunday, April 02, 2006

Coordinates............ 16 01.368N, 105 39.812W
Heading................ 20
Boat speed..............12 knots
24 hr total nm .........200 nautical miles (NM)
Wind direct. & speed....N/NW 30-45 knts
Swell direct. & ht .....N 5-8 ft.
Cloud cover.............25%
Barometer...............1013 hPa

We are heading back folks.

Ok, ok, ok.. I know in my last update I said it was kind of cool having the boat list to one side all the time.  In reality, it is getting old quick!  I think by the end of this trip, our legs would be 6" shorter on one side.  Bruce here, yeah, I will second that notion.  I must admit that all these years being on the swim team, water polo team and sailing I actually have hydrophobia.  Also, it is REALLY dark out here at night.  The further we get away from shore, the darker it gets.  It is downright scary.  It has gotten so bad, I have been carrying around a small flashlight with me wherever I go.  Even during the daytime.  I also miss ice cream already.  That being said, we forgot to pack some things like well, food and dental floss.  I thought Lisa packed the food and she thought I packed it and the kids only brought a couple of candy bars and that isn't going to last.  We also finally have come to our senses.  What were we thinking?  This is a pretty small boat and that is A LOT of water to cross.  I mean we could just hop on a jet and be in Auckland in about 18 hours or so.  Anyhoo, we have had lots of fun on the trip so far and would do it all over again.  Before I forget happy birthday to Mike tomorrow!  April Fools everyone! This post by guest blogger Brady.  Bruce, Lisa, and the boys I am sure are having a blast. 
 





 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home